Residency is a combination of three factors: physical presence, intent to remain in California indefinitely, and a valid immigration status. Please review the following to determine if you are eligible to apply.
- California State University(CSU) Residency page
- Rules and Regulations for Establishing Residency
- California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption (AB540)
- Ten things You Need to Know about California Residency for Tuition Purposes
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Applying for Residency:
|Term||Residence Determination Date||Application Deadline|
|Fall||September 20th||October 1st|
|Spring||January 25th||March 1st|
|Summer||June 1st||July 1st|
- Residence Questionnaire [pdf]
- First term students not enrolled: read this instruction [pdf] and submit your Residence Questionnaire along with documentation via US mail or upload signed questionnaire and any supporting documents to SJSU Admissions.
- Continuing students: read this instruction [pdf]. We do not accept paper copies. Completely fill out and sign your questionnaire, then upload the signed questionnaire and any supporting documents to Registrar's office.