Enrollment appointments are posted on MySJSU about three months before the start of the semester and ends 3 days before the first day of instruction. See Registration Calendar for more details. Learn how to view your appointment on MySJSU.
New students will receive their appointments later than continuing students. See the New Admits Appointment date on the Registration Calendar for exact dates.
How are enrollment appointment determined?
Registration start dates are based on class level and priority registration group. See F17-4 Academic Senate policy [pdf] for descriptions of priority groups. Students are grouped by class level, then last name. The order of the groups within the class level rotates each semester. All priority groups are approved by the Student Success Committee of the Academic Senate.
Class level is determined by a student's earned units and current work-in-progress.
Advance Registration vs Late Registration
Advance Registration begins 3-4 months prior to the first day of instruction. Students can view their enrollment appointment via MySJSU.
Late Registration begins the first day of instruction and ends on the add deadline.
Students can add or drop courses via MySJSU by the deadlines posted on the Registration calendars. A late fee applies for all first-time adds. Contact the Bursar's office for all fee related questions.
Common Registration Issues:
Your enrollment appointment has not yet started.
- Verify the exact date and time of your appointment.
Graduation Date has passed.
- Students will not receive enrollment appointments for terms after their graduation date.
- Submit a graduation date change form.
- Prerequisites are missing.
- Co-requisite is required.
- Some lectures require you to simultaneously enroll in a supporting class such as a
lab or workshop.
- You must register for both classes at the same time.
- Some lectures require you to simultaneously enroll in a supporting class such as a lab or workshop.
- Time Conflict
- Timing for two or more classes overlap.
- Bring a time conflict memo to Window "R" in the Student Services Center
- You have a hold on your account.
- Contact the department that placed the hold to review the details
- After addressing the issue, the department will remove the hold from your record.
- Learn more about registration holds from the SJSU catalog
- You have exceeded the number of units allowed.
For all other issues, please contact us.