Your Final Semester
Announcement for Fall 2023 Graduating Students
The final review of your graduation application takes 4-6 weeks from the time academic standing has been processed, January 10th. This means that most degrees will be posted by end of January.
To check if your degree has been awarded please go to MySJSU to view your unofficial transcripts.
Please do not contact our office until at least the mid of February to inquire about the status of your degree, as it is most likely in process of being reviewed/ awarded.
Note that “degree requirements” include: GE requirements, major requirements, minor requirements (if applicable), SJSU Studies, 120-unit requirement, GPA and SJSU requirements.
Use the checklist below to help ensure you stay on-track in the final weeks before graduation
- Your Graduation Status on MySJSU should be "Needs to finish pending work"
- If you took classes at another institution, please submit official transcripts to
- Review MyProgress to make sure it is accurate
- Resolve any missing grades on your transcript
- Clear any holds that may be on your record
- Review your name as it will appear on your diploma.
- Review your mailing address to ensure prompt delivery of your diploma
- You must complete all outstanding items by specific deadlines. If you cannot meet those dates, you must change your graduation date.
- At the end of the semester, graduation evaluators will review your record.
- Students who do not meet all degree requirements will receive a hold letter that identifies the issues and how to resolve them.
- If you receive a hold letter and cannot resolve the issues by the due date, you will need to change your graduation date.