CSU Nursing Jedi Summit: Co-Creating Our Future Together
- June 2 - 3, 2022
- Build new and strengthen exisitng relationships among colleagues across the CSU Nursing system, including, but not limited to, specialty areas, programs, and particular roles.
- Share and discuss recent efforts, evidence, and scholarship focused on justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI); including, but not limited to, admission policies and practices and culturally sustaining curriculum and pedagogy.
- Provide rich opportunities for professional development for staff, faculty, and graduate students in relation to program implementation, instruction, service, assessment, clinical site onboarding, and program policies for robust and sustained JEDI efforts.
- Discuss topics such as faculty governance, the New Essentials of Nursing Education, the Future of Nursing Report, and AB1407.
- Lay the groundwork for ongoing communication and connectedness across CSU nursing programs to dialogue, identify priorities, and act collectively to meet the needs of communities throughout California and beyond.
- Affirm and hold space for nurse educators from historically excluded communities who have navigated and carried a disproportionate amount of labor and cultural taxation.
- Other disciplines welcome
- Register for the event here
Exploration in Mindfulness Group
The purpose of Exploration in Mindfulness is to provide a space in CHHS for stress relief, wellness, and community engagement that includes both staff and faculty.
Everyone is welcome to participate.
The group will take place on the 4th Friday of each month at noon starting on February 25th.
RSCA Strategizing Group - Black T/TT Faculty
- 4th Wednesday of month @ 9am, possibly adding a 2nd group (if need alternate time or for other faculty of color)
Register for office hours for DEI-related support for teaching, professional development, etc. Anyone can register or sign up using the links below for the:
- 2nd Thursday of the month beginning 1/13/22
- 4th Tuesday of the month beginning 1/25/22
- OR by appointment
- Needs Assessment Report
- 2022-2021 Action Plan
- Departmental DEI Action Plan Blank Template
- Representation Data Blank Worksheet (rationale for measurement - See Dr. Phillip Atiba Goff Video)
- Teaching Practice Checklist [pdf]
- Black Minds Matter - 5-part webinar series by CORA
- Inclusive Teaching: Supporting All Students in the College Classroom
- CHHS DEI Study Group
- March 24, April 28, May 26, June 23, July 28, August 25 at 5pm
- Courageous Conversations About Race by Glenn Singleton (Courageous Conversations Compass Video)
- Culture Renovation by Kevin Oakes
- Antiracist Action Summer Institute - starting first week of June (x8 weeks); small groups desired?
- Inclusive Excellence Checklist Series Webinar
- Open to requests
If interested in participating in any of the above study groups, email email@example.com stating which and preferred meeting frequency (weekly, monthly?), days of the week, and times when you would be available to participate.