Student Petitions

If you are a student that is in need of the Associate Dean’s signature on any portion of a petition or university form, email your completed petition (including attachments) to the College of Health and Human Sciences (CHHS) Dean’s Office at

Note: Please make sure to read and follow all petition instructions, attach all required documents and obtain appropriate approvals (when possible) before submitting your petition to the Dean’s Office. The Dean’s Office will verify that all information is correct and route the form for the appropriate signatures.

Petition for Excess Units

These petitions are for students in the College of Health and Human Sciences only. If you are not a CHHS students, please use the form available on the registrar website.

Undergraduate Student Petition for Excess Units (Spring 2024 only)

Graduate Student Petition for Excess Units

CHHS Change of Major/Minor Petition for 90+ Units

This petition is only for students that are switching into a College of Health and Human Sciences major with more than 90 units earned.

Change of Major/Minor Form


Depending on the type of student petition, each form will have different processes that may need to be followed. Most common petitions can be found at the following links: 

Students are encouraged to consult with a department advisor or the CHHS Student Success Center prior to submitting college or university forms.