***All CoSAC Services Are Now Online***
**Please read the information below**
Effective 3/17/2020, CoSAC is no longer seeing students for in-person appointments. Students with scheduled and confirmed appointments will be sent an email from CoSAC on how to conduct an online appointment via Appointment-Plus email address. If you have any questions, please contact CoSAC at email@example.com.
If you have an assigned Faculty Advisor, please contact your assigned Faculty Advisor or Department directly regarding College of Science Major Advising hold removal.
- Spring 2020 Graduation Workshops have been modified to an online format. If you have registered for a Graduation Workshop, please follow the instructions/process carefully.
- Spring 2020 Change of Major Workshops have been modified to an online format. If you have registered for a Change of Major Workshop, CoSAC will email you via Appointment-Plus email with further instructions.
- Spring 2020 CoSAC Tutoring has been modified to an online format. CoSAC Tutors are available though a CoSAC Tutoring Canvas Course. Please schedule an appointment with the Tutor and you will be sent a Canvas Course invitation to join the Tutor's section. Further instructions will be available on the Canvas Course.
- Change of Major Applications will be accepted electronically for the Spring 2020 semester. Please email your Change of Major Application and required supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline, May 1, 2020.
- AARS Advising with Dr. Brent Petersen will continue via email. You may contact Dr. Brent Petersen with any specific questions.
- CoS California Promise Advising with Dr. Brent Petersen will continue via email. You may contact Dr. Brent Petersen with any specific questions.
- Career Advising with Ms. Judi Garcia will continue via Zoom or by email.
- Virtual appointments (Zoom):
- Tuesdays: 9:30am - 11:30am / 1:30pm - 3:30pm
- Wednesdays: 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Thursdays: 1:30pm - 3:30pm
- Fridays: 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Virtual appointments (Zoom):
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
Amid the Novel Coronavirus, COVID-19, outbreak, CoSAC understands that this may bring up uncertainty and anxiety. SJSU Counseling and Psychological Services (Links to an external site.) have shifted to remote counseling available for all students. If you are seeking services you can call (408) 924-5910 and select option 4 to speak to a counselor 24-hours a day.
You can also reach Santa Clara County Suicide and Crisis Hotline at (855) 278-4204 or send a text to the Crisis Text Line at 741741.
CAPS also offers Therapist Assisted Online, an educational online tool useful to help you bounce back from frustrations and disappointments in life as well as increase positive and adaptive behaviors. This online tool is free for all SJSU students. For more information visit: https://www.sjsu.edu/counseling/students/TAO/index.html (Links to an external site.)
- CoSAC is accepting Peer Tutor applications!
- Check back for upcoming events!
Career & Internship Resources
- Roux is seeking responsible, self-sufficient, energetic entry-level Scientists to work on projects related to the investigation and environmental remediation of industrial and commercial sites. Candidates should be prepared for professional growth into areas such as assessment of remedial alternatives, management of various investigative and remediation tasks, conceptual plans and regulatory interaction.
- Application due: June 29th, 2020 at 9:00 pm
California Sea Grant State Fellowship
- The California Sea Grant State Fellows Program provides a unique educational opportunity for recent graduate students who are interested in marine, coastal, and/or watershed resources and in the decisions affecting those resources in California.
- Application Deadline: July 27, 2020, 5:00PM PST
- Check out additional Career & Internship Resources!