********All CoSAC Services Are Online********
********Please read the information below********
CoSAC is currently not seeing students in-person. Students seeking to schedule an appointment with a CoSAC Advisor, please read the instructions below regarding the steps and what to expect when scheduling an appointment:
- Schedule an advising appointment.
- Students will receive an email* once an appointment has been made. Please read it thoroughly.
- The scheduled appointment will be verified within a few business days.
- If the scheduled appointment was confirmed, students will receive an email* with instructions
to fill out a Google Form** to proceed to advising over email***.
- It is suggested to write out any questions and/or concerns on the Google Form** so they may be addressed when the assigned CoSAC Advisor responds via SJSU email.
- If the scheduled appointment was cancelled, students will receive an email* with a list of reasons as to why it was cancelled. Please read it thoroughly.
- If the scheduled appointment was confirmed, students will receive an email* with instructions to fill out a Google Form** to proceed to advising over email***.
- If students have a confirmed appointment and filled out the Google Form** within the requested time outlined in the confirmation email, the assigned CoSAC Advisor will respond via SJSU email before the end of the day on the confirmed appointment date.
*Email will be sent to the Appointment-Plus email address.
**Students will be required to sign in to their SJSU email address to access the form.
***This is not a Zoom appointment. Zoom appointments are offered on a case-by-case basis.
When emailing CoSAC, please keep the following in mind:
- Use SJSU email address
- Include Full Name and SJSU ID#
- Refrain from sending multiple emails (with multiple questions or forwarding the same email)
- Because of the influx of emails, it may take at least five business days for CoSAC to reply.
- The Writing Center has helpful email etiquette tips students may refer to.
- Limited Biology (Current) Change of Major Workshops are available in Summer 2020.
- Limited Graduation Workshops are available in Summer 2020.
- CoSAC Change of Major Workshops for Biology (New), Biology (Current), Chemistry, and Computer Science will resume in Fall 2020.
- Graduation Workshops will resume in Fall 2020.
- CoSAC Tutoring will resume in Fall 2020.
- CoSAC is accepting Peer Tutor applications!
- Check back for upcoming events!
Career & Internship Resources
- Roux is seeking responsible, self-sufficient, energetic entry-level Scientists to work
on projects related to the investigation and environmental remediation of industrial
and commercial sites. Candidates should be prepared for professional growth into areas
such as assessment of remedial alternatives, management of various investigative and
remediation tasks, conceptual plans and regulatory interaction.
- Application due: June 29th, 2020 at 9:00 pm
- Interested in becoming a Contract Tracer or Investigator in addition to supporting STEM education in local public schools? The C.A. Fellowship is actively recruiting and will continue to serve youth in 3rd-6th grade providing remote instruction in coding and STEM.
- Check out additional Career & Internship Resources!
- Need Assistance with launching your Career? SJSU is offering help for students in the summer to launch your Career! SJSU Launch your Career Flyer
- New Students, Parents, and Families are invited to learn more about how the Career
Center team assists new students in finding internships and jobs and offers resources
for career success. The SJSU Career Center will host a Career Success: Tips for First Year and Beyond webinar on the follow days:
- Thursday, July 9, 4-5pm or
- Wednesday, July 22, 4-5pm
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)Amid the Novel Coronavirus, COVID-19,
outbreak, CoSAC understands that this may bring up uncertainty and anxiety. SJSU Counseling and Psychological Services have shifted to remote counseling available for all students. If you are seeking
services you can call (408) 924-5910 and select option 4 to speak to a counselor 24-hours
You can also reach Santa Clara County Suicide and Crisis Hotline at (855) 278-4204 or send a text to the Crisis Text Line at 741741.
CAPS also offers Therapist Assisted Online, an educational online tool useful to help you bounce back from frustrations and disappointments in life as well as increase positive and adaptive behaviors. This online tool is free for all SJSU students.
- California Sea Grant State Fellowship
- The California Sea Grant State Fellows Program provides a unique educational opportunity for recent graduate students who are interested in marine, coastal, and/or watershed resources and in the decisions affecting those resources in California.
- Application Deadline: July 27, 2020, 5:00pm