Apply to Chemistry
The Chemistry Change of Major materials and application process is for current students declared a major in the Chemistry Department AND for students declared a major outside the Chemistry Department interested in pursuing a change of major to any major within the Chemistry Department.
Students are encouraged to attend a change of major workshop and/or request an informational packet each academic year due to potential changes to department specific application requirements between application periods.
Learn more about majors in the Chemistry Department:
- BA, Chemistry
- BS, Chemistry
- BS, Chemistry, Biochemistry
- Chemistry Change of Major Informational Packet (recommended)
- Request to receive current information on the criteria, process, and deadlines for applying to a major in Chemistry.
- Students will receive a Chemistry Change of Major Informational Packet in 3-5 business days.
- It is recommended for students to request a Chemistry Change of Major Informational Packet prior to registering for a Chemistry Virtual Change of Major Workshop.
- Chemistry Virtual Change of Major Workshop (recommended)
- Register to attend a Chemistry Virtual Change of Major Workshop to receive detailed information on the criteria, process, and deadlines for applying to a major in Chemistry.
- CoS-SSC Virtual Change of Major Advising is available to students to register and attend a Chemistry Change of Major Workshop.
- Fall 2023 Chemistry Change of Major Workshops Dates & Times:
Apply to Chemistry
To apply to a major within the Chemistry Department, evaluate your eligibility based on current admission criteria. When ready to apply, request a Change of Major Application.
Request a Change of Major Application and submit a College of Science Change of Major Application by the application deadline: December 1st (for Spring 2024 admittance consideration).Requesting a Change of Major Application does not automatically result in admittance to the major.