Graduation Date Change

CoS-SSC Procedure:

Inititate your Graduation Date Change Form by submitting the CoS Graduation Date Change Request Google Form.

Contact the Graduation Specialist Team at for more information regarding the procedure.

You will be sent a Confirmation Email via your provided email address to verify receipt of your form submission.

What is next?

All Graduation Date Change requests will be sent directly to CoS-SSC. Your request will be processed initially by the CoS-SSC Graduation Specialist Team. If additional information is required you will be contacted by the CoS-SSC Graduation Specialist Team.

A DocuSign will be generated by the CoS-SSC Graduation Specialist team, then routed to your SJSU email address and the designed Department Reviewer for review and signatures.

    • If approved, your graduation term will be updated within 10 business days.
    • If not approved, contact the Department Reviewer listed in the DocuSign for more information.
    • If approved with conditions, you will be contacted by the Department Reviewer with further instructions.

Additional Information

  • Graduation Progress Enrollment Hold:
    • You may have a Graduation Progress hold placed that will prevent you from enrolling in classes. In that case, you will be sent an Enrollment Request form and the Graduation Specialist will add you to the approved courses required to complete your degree requirements. You will not be able to add courses through MySJSU, you must submit the request form to have them added for you.
  • Graduation Readiness Survey:
    • Discontinued as of Spring 2024.
  • Change of Major Request:
    • If you are in the process of requesting a Change of Major, your Graduation Date Change request may be put on hold until the Change of Major has been reviewed.