The Department of Economics offers two degree options from which graduate students can choose. Our MA program in Economics is flexible and allows you to tailor a course of study to fits your needs, in consultation with your academic advisor. Our MA program with a Concentration in Applied Economics is custom tailored to prepare you for applied careers.
- Courses and Schedules
- M.A. Approved Electives [pdf]
- Course Catalog
- Departmental Probation and Disqualification Policy [pdf]
Admission to the Master's Program
To be considered for admission into SJSU, graduate applicants must meet the minimum CSU Eligibility requirements and SJSU program requirements set forth by our individual departments.
- SJSU Graduate Admissions Requirements
- Economics Department Graduate Admission Requirements
- How to Apply
- Application Deadlines: Domestic and International
Comprehensive Masters Exam
For advising, please see our Advising page and look for Graduate Advisor information.
- Funding Opportunities
- GAPE Graduate Student Guide
- Grad Lab (Graduate-student-only space at King Library)
- SJSU Counseling Services
- SJSU Plagiarism / Academic Misconduct Policy [pdf]