Undergraduate students who meet the requirements for Economics Department Honors are recognized by the University with an indication of “Honors” on both the student’s transcript and diploma.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 in Economics and a minimum 3.2 overall GPA
Go to your MySJSU and check your transcript for your overall GPA and to calculate your ECON GPA.
- Have graduating senior standing
- Have support from a faculty sponsor (a professor you know well)
- Download the Economics Departmental Honors Application [pdf], save, fill, and save as.
- Send the completed pdf to to the Econ Department Office (email@example.com).
- Deadlines: Spring graduation May 1st, Fall graduation December 1st.
- After you have emailed your application, please complete this Google Form to help us track submissions.
Undergraduate students who meet the departmental honors standards are also eligible to join the International Economics Honors Society of Omicron Delta Epsilon - Zeta of CA Chapter. For more information, please see Omnicron's Membership Process. At this time, the Economics Department does not pay any Omnicron student membership fees.
President's and Dean's Scholars
SJSU offers a number of honors designations, honors such as “cum laude” are automatically awarded to all SJSU students who graduate with a particular GPA (3.5, 3.7, or 3.85). Students may find themselves automatically enrolled on the List of Dean’s or President’s Scholars if they maintain a high GPA for a certain number of semesters. Visit the Office of the Provost website for more information.