This designation is awarded to matriculated, enrolled undergraduate students who have earned an SJSU GPA 4.0 for that semester.
San José State University hosts the annual Honors Convocation ceremony in Spring to recognize the President's Scholar for the spring and/or fall semester of the prior year. For example, the Honors Convocation ceremony in Spring 2023 will honor Spring 2022 and Fall 2022 students.
This designation is awarded to matriculated, enrolled undergraduate students who have earned an SJSU GPA of 3.65 or higher for that semester.
Dean's Scholars are recognized by their respective colleges.
Lucas College & Graduate School of Business
Connie L. Lurie College of Education
Charles W. Davidson College of Engineering
College of Health and Human Sciences
College of Social Sciences
If you have any questions about your qualifications, please reach out the Registrar's Office, email email@example.com.
Undergraduate Student Honors at SJSU (University Policy #S17-13 [pdf])
- Honor Roll designations are determined twice a year, for the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Summer and Winter term coursework does not play any role in determining Fall and Spring Honors.
- Only SJSU courses are counted for honor roll calculations.
- A minimum of 12 letter-graded units (UG) is required to qualify for consideration.
- Credit (“CR”) grades are not counted either in the calculation of GPA nor towards the 12-unit minimum.
- Any grades below “C” (2.0) and/or any No Credit (“NC”) grades disqualify a student from consideration.
Note on Latin Honors
Latin Honors at Graduation is separate from the designation of President's Scholar. Latin Honors is awarded during Commencement. Learn more about the qualifications.