Whether pursuing the Liberal Studies Teacher Prep BA, the Humanities BA, or the Creative Arts BA, students in the Humanities Department will learn how to:
- Investigate topics using interdisciplinary approaches;
- Appreciate, understand and celebrate diversity, while knowing how to identify and bracket one’s own cultural bias;
- Think critically and creatively, and be willing to question authority and to express rational skepticism;
- Understand and appreciate creations of the human imagination and intellect;
- Synthesize various forms of knowledge to solve aesthetic, social and cultural problems;
- Read, write and speak as members of the educated public and as citizens prepared to face controversy;
- Develop and integrate performance and research skills, including information literacy;
- Become concerned and involved citizens, speaking on controversial issues and acting to influence the course of history.
- Engage in informed discussion and reflection about human values. Edit the content.