Funding Opportunities in the College
Each year, the College of Social Sciences offers scholarships to students majoring in one of the College's Departments. The College scholarships represent the generosity of many friends and alumni. They honor former deans and students in the College of Social Sciences. These scholarships are designed to reward academic excellence, as well as to help finance the ever-increasing costs of higher education. Selection for these scholarships reflects impressive accomplishments of a college career.
Join us in applauding College of Social Sciences students whose accomplishments have been recognized with awards and scholarships.
The College scholarships are awarded in spring semester for the following academic year, so awardee must be matriculated at SJSU during the following fall term to be eligible. Any additional eligibility or application requirements are specified in the scholarship announcements linked below.
- Les Francis Scholarship for Civic Education [pdf]
- Dean's Study Abroad and International Field Work Scholarships [pdf]
- All other College Scholarships [pdf]
- SJSU Alumni Association Dean's Scholarships
- Gerald Wheeler Scholarship
- Charles Burdick Scholarship
- Inez and Donald Burdick Scholarship
College Scholarship questions should be directed to the College of Social Sciences Dean’s Office at 408-924-5300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply?
Applications are submitted and accepted through Spartan Scholarship only. The application period is from January 20, 2022 - March 1, 2022. To apply:
- Sign in to Spartan Scholarships using your MySJSU login information.
- Complete and submit the General Application - This will give you access to other scholarships and awards in addition to those from the Dean’s Office.
- Click on the "Opportunities" menu and select "Recommended."
- Find the scholarship/award opportunity of interest and click on the "Apply" button.
- Provide any supplemental application material (e.g., letter of recommendation, etc.)