How to Register?
- Advance registration begins Wednesday, October 16, for SJSU matriculated students
- Advance registration begins Wednesday, October 30, for Open University (OU)/Non-SJSU students
Advanced registration stops Wednesday, December 18, for all students. If you wish to register for a class after this date, please follow instructions for Steps to Take After Advanced Registration Closes.
Registration is generally available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Normal maintenance occurs Monday evenings 8:00 – 11:00 p.m.
Consult the “Class Schedule” for information (section #, 5 digit class code, day, time, location, faculty name and dates) of your intended courses for that term.
First time or previous-term undergrad/post-bachelor OU students can register online within a certain time frame (refer to calendar for dates) by following on MySJSU tutorial:
- First time students see Open University Registration - New Students
- Previous-term students see Open University Registration - Continuing OU Students
Students disqualified from Fall 2019 and other students who are unable to register online complete the Winter Registration form and fax to 408.924.2077, or submit in person to window “R” in the Student Services Center at 9th and San Fernando, Downtown, San Jose.
Graduate Students: For all 200-level courses, complete the Winter Registration form, submit to the Graduate Admission and Program Evaluation (GAPE) counter, window G in the Student Services Center or fax to 408.924.2477 for approval.
Steps to Take After Advanced Registration Closes
First Day of Instruction
If you missed the Advance Web Registration period, you can register on the first day of class. Beginning January 2, new OU students need to submit Winter Registration Form to add classes . Beginning January 6, all students must use Late Enrollment Petition Form with instructor, department chair and CPGE Associate Dean signatures to register. Follow instructions below for the paper registration process. All transactions require a valid ID with picture.
- Download the Winter Registration form
- Complete the form, obtain the required signature(s)
- Submit completed form at window R in the Student Services Center.