Academic Counseling Center for Excellence in the Social Sciences (ACCESS) is dedicated to providing a welcoming and inclusive advising environment for students. We are committed to student success, promoting lifelong learning, and providing students the tools to make informed decisions about their academic goals.
Through academic advising at the ACCESS Center students will:
- Understand university policies and procedures.
- Determine and utilize the necessary resources and services to support their goals.
- Understand General Education Requirements.
- Exhibit an understanding of their degree requirements.
- Assist in selecting courses to progress toward completing their educational plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to make effective decisions, enhance problem-solving skills, and communicate effectively.
- Understand the importance of including experiences outside of the classroom in their educational plan.
- Understand the difference between ACCESS Advisors & Faculty Advisors and when to engage with each.
- Graduate in a timely manner.