SJSU College Corps
The #CaliforniansForAll College Corps is a historic state level investment in service that creates debt-free pathways for students who commit to serve for an academic year. Our Center's Civic Action Fellowship served as pilot for the new SJSU College Corps.
SJSU undergraduate students who complete 450 hours of service through the College Corps will receive up to $10,000 to help pay for college. In addition to providing computer programming enrichment for underserved 3rd-6th graders, members of the SJSU College Corps participate in other local service initiatives.
Apply now to join this fun, innovative, and creative team of fellow students to provide computer programming enrichment for underserved third through sixth graders attending after school programs. No programming experience necessary, we will train you!
100 Available Positions
- Commit to a total of 450 hours of service between August 2022 and June 2023.
- Provide computer programing enrichment in a small group format for underserved 3rd to 6th graders attending after school programs.
- Develop enrichment materials and unplugged kits with a team.
- Actively participate in trainings, team meetings, and weekly seminars.
- Engage in service initiatives as assigned.
- $7,000 Stipend (provided in monthly installments)
- $3,000 Education Award (upon completion of the program)
- At least 18 years old.
- Must be an undergraduate student enrolled at SJSU.
- Current U.S. citizen, U.S. National or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States (copy of U.S birth certificate, passport or Legal Permanent Resident Card).
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.8.
- Complete all background checks upon hire.
- Must have submitted a California Dream Act Application (CADAA) and be an active recipient of a Cal Grant B award for the 2022-2023 AY.
- Must submit a CA DSIG Application by September 1 to become eligible for Education Award.
- SSN or ITIN required prior to program start date.
For AB540 student assistance, please visit the UndocuSpartan page.
For DSIG assistance, please visit the California Dream Act Application page.
- Find our interest form here.
- March 2 - May 27, 2022: Interviews
- June - July 2022: Background Checks
- August 2022: Program Begins with Orientation
- June 2023: Program Ends
Meet the College Corps Fellows
If you have any questions, please contact Joanna Solis at email@example.com.