Teaching Associate (TA)
Open Date: 11/14/2023
The deadline to submit applications for Spring 2024 is 11/26/2023. Any accepted applicants MUST complete all required onboarding paperwork by January 10th, 2024.
Under supervision from faculty, Teaching Associates serve as instructors of Computer laboratory courses. Teaching Associates are fully responsible for providing lab instruction, making and administering lab assignments and examinations, tutoring students during the lab session, assessing student performance, holding office hours, and determining total lab scores/grades.
- Must be an MSCMPE, MSSE, or MSAI classified student.
- Must have an SJSU Graduate GPA of 3.5 or better OR SJSU Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Must be registered for at least one CMPE course.
- Must be in compliance with all department policies and procedures.
- Preference will be given to the students who are committed to teaching over multiple semesters.
Please do not submit your application without ALL the required documents Unofficial transcript and Current Enrollment.
Instructions to save your unofficial transcript
Applications that are not complete will not be accepted.