The Emeritus and Retired Faculty Association serves San José State University Emeritus and/or retired tenured faculty, faculty participating in FERP, retired lecturers, and retired academic administrators who are CalPERS annuitants. The organization promotes continued connections with campus and colleagues through social events and special projects. The Executive Board meets monthly during the academic year to discuss issues of interest to members and organize events.
Clicking the links below will give you information about:
- Brief history of the organization
- Current members of the Executive Board
- Benefits of membership
- Biographies of members
- Policies, Guidelines, Constitution, Bylaws
Purposes of the Organization
- Help emeritus and retired faculty members maintain a continuing and fruitful association with the University.
- Keep emeritus and retired faculty informed of University affairs and develop means to facilitate their participation in the life of the University.
- Secure and enhance the status, rights, and privileges of the emeritus and retired faculty of San Jose State University.
- Encourage and facilitate the emeritus and retired faculty to continue their scholarly and professional activities (teaching, research, writing, consultation) as contributing members of the academic community of the University.
- Provide social, recreational, and educational programs for emeritus and retired faculty.
- Contribute to achievement of the University mission by such means as may be determined by Association members.
- SJSU Academic Senate: Through its membership on the Senate, ERFA represents the interests of retired faculty.
- CSU ERFSA: Through our affiliation, in association with other CSU campuses, we are advocates for pensions, health care, and other issues.
- AROHE: SJSU ERFA is a member of the Association of Retired Organizations in Higher Education which "supports all phases of faculty/staff retirement through a dynamic member network that links retired faculty/staff associations, retiree and emeriti centers, and campus offices".
SJSU ERFA maintains an office on campus, but it is not staffed.
You can send mail to us at: MacQuarrie Hall 438D
Telephone: (408) 924-2478
Note: This website is maintained by a volunteer member of the SJSU Emeritus and Retired Faculty Association. We appreciate your help in keeping the content accurate and updated. If you find errors, please email email@example.com to let her know the corrections needed.