Wiggsy Sivertsen Scholarship
The PRIDE Center of San José State University is proud to announce the Wiggsy Siversten scholarship for students who have demonstrated a commitment to making SJSU a more inclusive environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer students. The purpose of the scholarship is to acknowledge those students who have advanced the SJSU LGBTQ+ community through their involvement, service, advocacy, and/or research.
The Wiggsy Sivertsen Scholarship is funded by community members, alumni, faculty and staff in honor of Wiggsy Sivertsen, Emeritus Professor and former Director of Counseling Services and long-time advocate for LGBTQ+ issues at San José State University and in the community.
Scholarship Awards of up to $2,000!
Applicants may demonstrate their commitment by:
- Involvement in a LGBTQ+ campus organization and/or
- Service to the LGBTQ+ community and/or
- Classroom LGBTQ+ advocacy and/or
- Campus LGBTQ+ advocacy and/or
- Conducted research related to LGBTQ+ issues
To be eligible applicants must:
- Be enrolled students at SJSU during the
Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters
- Demonstrate ongoing progress towards
a degree (undergraduate or graduate)
- Carry a minimum of six (6) units each semester
Have a minimum cumulative overall G.P.A. of 2.50
2021-22 Wiggsy Sivertsen Scholarship Application
(You must be logged into your SJSU account to access the Google Doc. To fill out the application you will need to make a copy of the document.)
Submitting Your Application
Deadline to submit your application packet is 11:59 p.m. on Monday, February 28, 2022.
Include in your packet:
- Filled out Application Form
- Statement of Support
- Copy of your unofficial transcripts
(Printed from MySJSU)