What is the Staff Council?
The Staff Council was formally established in 2019. Our mission is to serve as one medium of communication for and between staff, administration, faculty, and students of the university on matters outside the scope of Collective Bargaining.
Staff Council Bylaws
Read the full version of our Staff Council Bylaws [pdf].
Staff Council Committees
The Staff Council Executive Committee facilitates monthly meetings with SJSU staff and interfaces with the SJSU administration.
- Chair: Harish Chander, Enterprise Solutions.
- Vice-Chair: Sabrina Porter-Parees, College of Health & Human Sciences.
- Communications Specialist:Thuy Nguyen, Career Center.
- Treasurer: Lixia Hou, University Library.
- Social Organizer: Ravi Pisupati, Strategic Planning & Portfolio Management.
- Staff Awards Liaison: Richard Hernandez, Connie L. Lurie College of Education.
- Past Chair: Janet Sundrud, Finance Support & Innovation.
Contact the Executive Committee at
Staff Awards Review Committee
The Staff Awards Review Committee shall be responsible for:
- Reviewing staff award nomination forms that are submitted through the annual submission process.
- Selecting finalists, award winners, and honorable mentions for each award category, according to the nomination process.
Members shall be solicited by the Staff Award Liaison, in consultation with the Staff Council Chair. The Staff Award Liaison shall engage with non-faculty unions to solicit volunteers to represent staff.
Contact the Staff Awards Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org