IV-E Applicants will be evaluated by the IV-E Stipend Awards Selection Panel composed of School of Social Work IV-E faculty and child welfare social workers, supervisor and manager from Bay Area counties. Applicants are evaluated and granted acceptance to the IV-E program based on the following criteria.
- Admission to the SJSU School of Social Work
- Past and present social work experience (paid & volunteer).
- Personal Statement.
- Written responses to questions.
- Oral responses to interview questions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of child welfare services and the role of child welfare social worker.
- Candidates potential to provide high quality professional social work in county public child welfare.
- Demonstrated commitment for social justice and equality for all clients and communities.
*Priority is given to current employees of county public social services agencies. Priority is also given to bilingual applicants and applicants from diverse ethnic and cultural background who reflects the diverse population served by the child welfare system.