Verification of Enrollment or Degree
Enrollment/ Degree/ GPA Verification
The Registrar’s office will provide verification letters for students. The four types of letters available are:
- Enrollment verification, see Enrollment Status details.
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Pending Degree (student has applied for graduation)
- Degree (after degree awarded)
Visit Window "R" in the Student Services Center(SSC) on campus. Our staff will provide your enrollment verification letter at the counter after verifying your photo ID.
All the third parties (such as other universities, potential employers, licensing boards, etc) must place their requests through National Student Clearinghouse (NSC). Note:
- Requires an online account with NSC.
- Verification services are normally available 24/7.
- If the student attended SJSU before 1992, the process may take 2-3 business days.
- When placing the request with NSC, be as complete as possible including all names used while attending SJSU, dates of attendance if known, social security number, and date of birth.
- NSC charges a fee for their services. Visit their website for the most current information
Verification requests can be via fax (408-924-2077) or regular mail (see mailing address at the bottom of this page). The following information is required:
- Your full name and any previous names you may have used as a SJSU student
- Your SJSU ID number (If not available, you may use your Social Security Number)
- Your date of birth
- Approximate dates of attendance
- Complete address where the letter should be mailed or fax number if it should be faxed
- Your contact information
- Your signature
For additional information about verification, contact the Registrar's Office.