Masters of Science in Artificial Intelligence
- Masters of Science in Artificial Intelligence Overview
MS in Artificial Intelligence (AI) program provides students with a state-of-the-art educational experience to become outstanding, socially responsible engineers of AI systems. This program focuses more broadly on building engineering systems powered by advances in machine learning and AI. Students will learn the theoretical foundations and gain practical skills to manage and engineer various data forms, to make predictive analyses, to derive actionable insights, and develop intelligent hardware and software systems and related cutting-edge AI technologies. The program draws on insights from mathematics, statistical analysis, computer science, software engineering, and systems engineering and is, therefore, best suited for students with software/computer engineering, computer science, mathematics, and closely related backgrounds.
- MS AI Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
1. Identify and apply fundamental concepts, algorithms, and methodologies to formulate, analyze, design, and evaluate artificial intelligence and machine learning systems;
2. Tackle complex machine learning and artificial intelligence problems using contemporary principles, algorithms, technologies, methodologies, and tools;
3. Lead and participate in a team to develop AI and machine learning applications;
4. Recognize the ethical, economic and environmental implications of their work, as appropriate;
5. Sustain a process of life-long learning in engineering or other professional areas; and,
6. Communicate effectively and persuasively with a variety of audiences.
- Program Requirements