Bachelor of Fine Arts List of Courses
- General Education (42 units)
Of the 51 units required by the University, 9 may be satisfied by completion of specified preparation and supporting courses for the major. Consult major advisor for details.
- Physical Education (2 units)
These units are satisfied by Major Requirements.
- Preparation for the Major (6 units)
- Dance Technique, Performance, and Choreography (48 units total)
Sophomores must perform at Level III in area of option.
Minimum of one technique class daily required each semester at SJSU. Level I is prerequisite if unable to perform at Level II or higher in Modern, Jazz, Ballet or Tap.
- Modern Dance or Jazz Dance Option (12 units total)
- Additional Technique (11 units total)
- At least two units in III or IV
- Performance Requirements (9 units total)
- Choreography (9 units total)
- Senior Project (3 units total)
- DANC 147A, Senior Seminar: (3 units)
- Production (4 units total)
- Theory (14 units total)
- Electives by Advisement (4 units total)
- DANC 198, Internship in Dance (1, 2 or 3 units)
- DANC 148, Children's Dance (3 units)
- DANC 140A or DANC 140B, Modern Dance III or IV, DANC 141A or DANC 141B, Ballet III or IV, DANC 142A or DANC 142B, Jazz III or IV (2 units) or DANC 49A, DANC 49B or DANC 149C, Tap I, II, III or DANC 53, Techniques of World Dance or DANC 145C, Choreography III or DANC 186, Choreographing the Musical or other.
- Support for the Major (6 units total)