Entrance and Scholarship Auditions
All incoming students planning to major in dance must complete an entrance audition. Entrance auditions are held at the School of Music and Dance in February and March preceding the start of the following fall semester. Dancers intending to apply for dance scholarships will indicate their interest at their audition.
TBA (Estimate Posting, Dec. 1, 2020)
Other audition times are available on an individual basis (contact the School of Music and Dance recruitment office at (408) 924-4673 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
If travel distance is prohibitive (generally, more than 250 miles), a high-quality
audio or video recording may be substituted. Recordings should be received by March
The School of Music and Dance annually provides over $400,000 in scholarship assistance to talented dance and music majors. Undergraduate scholarships range from small awards to full tuition.
For more information on Scholarships, please contact Liza Rentschler in the School of Music and Dance. Office (408) 924-4673.
The Scholarship Application Form [pdf] can be filled out and returned to the School of Music and Dance. The Scholarship Application Form can be mailed to the address at the bottom of the form or email the form to email@example.com.
- Applicants must be regularly enrolled undergraduate students (current or transfer)
- Applicants must be enrolled at least half-time (6 undergraduate units per semester).
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- The recipient of the scholarship must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above each semester in order to retain the award.
- Applicants must demonstrate outstanding dance and technical ability and high academic achievement.