MS Engineering, Specialization in Smart Sustainable Energy Systems
California’s current renewable portfolio standard (RPS) requires that 60% of the electricity retail sales in the state come from eligible renewable resources by 2030, and 100% by 2045. Achieving these targets requires significant developments in the production, deployment, and grid-wide management of various renewable energy resources such as solar, wind, and hydroelectric power, as well as battery and fuel cell storage technologies.
Our MSE program with a specialization in Smart Sustainable Energy Systems aims at providing the students with the essential knowledge and technical skills required to formulate, analyze, and solve complex problems related to the optimal design and integration of sustainable energy sources into the modern power networks.
Graduates can pursue roles such as Energy Analyst, Energy Systems Test Engineer, Energy Systems Engineer, Energy Risk Manager, Energy Program/Product Manager
Students interested in pursuing this program should have an engineering, science or technical undergraduate degree with coursework in programming, differential equations and basic circuits.
Spring 2022 applications will open on August 1st, 2021
* This program is not open to international applications on F-1, J-1 or B visa.
ContactProgram Specialist Afifa Hamad 408.924.3196 firstname.lastname@example.org Academic Program Coordinator Saeid Bashash email@example.com
- Outstanding Faculty: Industry leaders and academic experts offer a wide range of practical knowledge and experience.
- Location, Location, Location: All courses are offered in Silicon Valley near high-tech employers and easily accessible from anywhere in the San Francisco Bay Area. You can complete your degree while holding an internship and/or continuing your career!
- Convenience: designed for working professionals and motivated students who want to earn advanced degrees through accelerated programs.
- Affordable Education: San Jose State University offers an outstanding educational value, and many local businesses will pay partial or full tuition for employees who enroll in graduate degree programs.
- Each course meets one night a week, for 11 weeks, following the SJSU academic calendar.
- Classes are delivered year-round in fall, spring, and summer.
- There are 10 courses, for a total of 30 graduate-level units that fulfill the requirements for earning a Master of Science in Engineering degree.
To be determined
Applying for admission to an off-campus cohort at San Jose State University is not a guarantee that the program will occur. Cohorts must meet minimum enrollment standards in order to take place. Please be aware that in the event a cohort does not launch due to low enrollment, any and all associated application fees cannot be refunded.