SJS4- How to Propose a New Learning Site
As of Fall 2016, all partner proposals begin by initiating a New Partner Proposal at sjs4.sjsu.edu. Once that has been done the new online University Organization Agreement will be initiated with the site by the SJS4 team. To start a relationship, please follow the steps below.
- Check the sjs4.sjsu.edu/sites website to see if the site you want to propose already exists? Please check by site name and address before initiating a New Partner Proposal.
- IF Site isn’t listed. Faculty or students can submit the request for a new site.
- SJS4 notifies site to complete the New Partner Proposal Form and the University Organization
Agreement (now a fully online contract).
- If the Agency has or requires modifications to the UOA, the SJS4 staff will be notified the UOA was not signed and they will notify the department to follow the non-modified UOA process (outlined below and on flowchart).
- Once the UOA has been signed online, the SJS4 staff will have the appropriate designee sign off on the UOA for San Jose State.
- Once signed off, the SJS4 team will make the site ACTIVE, archive the UOA in SJS4.
Agency requires modifications to UOA
- Site reviews electronic UOA and notes that they require modifications to UOA.
- SJS4 team receives notification that UOA is not signed due to requiring additional modifications.
- SJS4 team messages department to inform them that the Site requires modifications
and to begin modified UOA process as follows:
- Department works with agency to identify modifications required
- Department creates $1 Purchase Requisition
- Department emails contract office (Karen McCall) with Purchase Requisite number, and modifications required.
- Department works with contracts to complete UOA modifications.
- Contracts sends Approved UOA to SJS4 team once signed and approved by both parties.
- SJS4 activates agency on SJS4 and archives the UOA in SJS4.
- Site and Department should have received copy of UOA upon contracts sign off. However, site should be able to access a copy via their SJS4 site record.
Hard Copy UOA’s- NO Longer Accepted
Hard Copy University Organization Agreements are no longer accepted, except for the School of Information (aka iSchool). Hard copies are only to be used when negotiating a modification to the UOA. Please contact Karen McCall if you need additional assistance with UOA modifications.