Industry Sponsored Student Projects
Our students represent the next generation of creative and technical minds, and our faculty consists of world-class researchers. These resources provide an opportunity to explore the relationship between science, engineering, technology and the humanities and be at the forefront of learning, application, and impact. Student projects enable one-of-kind creative collaborations that can inspire employees, transform projects and unlock innovation. Additionally, sponsorships provide opportunities to give something back through mentorship and financial support for one of the most diverse student populations in the world.
The program is designed to enhance the educational experience by providing real-world learnings that expand our students’ boundaries through exploration, research and engagement with emerging trends in business, industry and technology. This program was introduced to address situations when the industry partner wants to clarify issues relating to 1) intellectual property, 2) confidentiality, and/or 3) funding to support the project.
Value to Industry Sponsor
- Companies work with high performing students which may lead to internships and future employment opportunities
- Projects enable one-of-kind creative collaborations that can inspire employees, transform projects and unlock innovation
- Student work is conducted under faculty supervision in a capstone or advanced class environment
- Projects create connectivity between the company and a high-performing educational and research institution
- Sponsorship provides an opportunity to give something back through mentorship and financial support for one of the world’s most diverse student populations
Value to Community
- Creates connectivity between the community and the University
- Provides new resources for finding solutions to problems facing the community
- Provides a positive means for interaction between students and the community
Contact for Further Information
Industry Research Alliances Specialist