Find answers to the Frequently Asked Questions on Zoom:
- How do I log in to Zoom?
- Zoom is available for all SJSU faculty, staff and students. You can login using your SJSUOne credentials by visiting Zoom's home page.
- Any guide for using Zoom?
- How do I share my screen, such as a PowerPoint or other file, in Zoom?
- When in the Zoom session and option appears to share content, a selection menu appears where you can choose to share your desktop, browser or a specific application, such as PowerPoint. The file needs to be opened in order for it to appear as a share option. This Zoom share content video walks through the steps.
- How do I host or join a Zoom meeting?
To host a zoom meeting, go to Zoom's home page and click 'Host' button. This will launch the zoom application that is installed on your computer (If the app is not yet installed, it will prompt to download the app) and the meeting will be started in the app. Every meeting has a unique 9 digit meeting ID with which the participants can join the meeting.
- How can I schedule a Zoom meeting?
- How do I invite others to join my meeting?
- During a meeting, you can invite people to join the conference by clicking on the “Invite” tab on your in-meeting toolbar located at the bottom of the meeting window. Once you click invite, you can choose the option to Invite by Email, Invite by IM, Invite by Phone, and Invite a Room System.
- What are some important features of the Zoom toolbar?
- The important features of the Zoom toolbar can be found this document [pdf].
- How to control a Zoom meeting?
- The details about controlling a Zoom meeting can be found in this "Host and co host in a meeting" article by Zoom.
- How to configure microphone and camera for a zoom meeting?
- The details about configuring a microphone and a camera can be found in this document [pdf].
- How do I record a Zoom meeting?
- Recording choices are local or cloud (for faculty and staff), and local(students). More details about recording Zoom meetings can be found in this section of articles on Zoom Recordings.
- When recording in Zoom, where do my recordings end up?
- The files can either be stored locally (on the computer that recorded it) or remotely through cloud recording (accessed via a link).
- How do I find my local recording?
- To access your saved recording meetings, open your Zoom client menu. Then select "Meetings", and then "Recorded". All local recorded meetings are stored locally on your local device or computer.
- Can I delete Zoom recordings that are only stored locally on my laptop or computer?
- Yes, the Zoom Cloud Recording Directive only applies to recordings stored on the Zoom cloud.
If you did not find an answer to your question, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.