Learn how to make most out of Zoom video conferencing tool.
- Access Zoom
Zoom is used at SJSU for many remote meetings, classes and office hours. Review the Accessing Zoom Guide to get started.
- Join a Zoom Session
To join a session, click on the link or calendar event provided and enter the a password. Review the How to Join a Zoom Meeting video for additional details.
- Add Authentication Exception
If you are scheduling a Zoom meeting or class, and are inviting outside (non-SJSU) participants, you now have the option to enable authentication for SJSU accounts, and provide exceptions for your external attendees. How to add authentication exceptions. [pdf]
- Video Presentation
Students can use Zoom or Canvas Studio for recording their video presentations.
Refer this tutorial to create video presentation using Zoom.
Zoom System Requirements
Basic System Specification
- An internet connection - broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and microphone - built-in or USB or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
Supported Operating System on Mobile and Tablet
- iOS 8.0 or later: Send and receive video using front or rear camera iPhone 4 or later, iPad Pro, iPad Mini, iPad 2 or later, iPod touch 4th Generation, iPhone 3GS (no front facing camera)
- iPadOS 13 or later
- Android 5.0x or later
Supported Operating System on PC and Laptop
- macOS X with macOS 10.9 or later
- Windows 10*: Note: For devices running Windows 10, they must run Windows 10 Home, Pro, or Enterprise. S Mode is not supported.
- Windows 8 or 8.1
- Windows 7
- Ubuntu 12.04 or higher
- Mint 17.1 or higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 or higher
- Oracle Linux 6.4 or higher
- CentOS 6.4 or higher
- Fedora 21 or higher
- OpenSUSE 13.2 or higher
- ArchLinux (64-bit only)
- Windows: IE 11+, Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Mac: Safari 7+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Linux: Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
Processor and RAM Requirements
Minimun Recommended Processor Single Core 1GHz or Higher Dual Core 2Ghz or Higher (i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent) RAM N/A 4GB
Webinar Troubleshooting Tips
Troubleshooting may be be required several times for your internet, audio, video, chat and display features.