Learn how to make most out of Zoom video conferencing tool.
- Access Zoom
Zoom is used at SJSU for many remote meetings, classes and office hours. Review the Accessing Zoom Guide to get started.
- Join a Zoom Session
To join a session, click on the link or calendar event provided and enter the a password. Review the How to Join a Zoom Meeting video for additional details.
- Add Authentication Exception
If you are scheduling a Zoom meeting or class, and are inviting outside (non-SJSU) participants, you now have the option to enable authentication for SJSU accounts, and provide exceptions for your external attendees. How to add authentication exceptions. [pdf]
- Video Presentation
Students can use Zoom or Canvas Studio for recording their video presentations.
Refer this tutorial to create video presentation using Zoom.
Zoom System Requirements
Basic System Specification
- An internet connection - broadband wired pr wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and mircophone - built-in or USB or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
Supported Operating System on Mobile and Tablet
- iOS 8.0 or later: Send and receive video using front or rear camera iPhone 4 or later, iPad Pro, iPad Mini, iPad 2 or later, iPod touch 4th Generation, iPhone 3GS (no front facing camera)
- iPadOS 13 or later
- Android 5.0x or later
Supported Operating System on PC and Laptop
- macOS X with macOS 10.9 or later
- Windows 10*: Note: For devices running Windows 10, they must run Windows 10 Home, Pro, or Enterprise. S Mode is not supported.
- Windows 8 or 8.1
- Windows 7
- Ubuntu 12.04 or higher
- Mint 17.1 or higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 or higher
- Oracle Linux 6.4 or higher
- CentOS 6.4 or higher
- Fedora 21 or higher
- OpenSUSE 13.2 or higher
- ArchLinux (64-bit only)
- Windows: IE 11+, Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Mac: Safari 7+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Linux: Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
Processor and RAM Requirements
Minimun Recommended Processor Single Core 1GHz or Higher Dual Core 2Ghz or Higher (i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent) RAM N/A 4GB
Webinar Troubleshooting Tips
Troubleshooting may be be required many times for yor internet, audio, video chat features, display features.
Refer this guide to get some useful tips for troubleshooting the Zoom webinar.