Learn about different proctoring software
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within the common learning management systems like Canvas. When you use Respondus LockDown Browser you are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. Available for both Windows, Mac, and iPad.
- Download and Install Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Technical Requirements
- Windows: 10, 8, 7; Mac: MacOS 10.15 to 10.12, OS X 10.11, OSX 10.10; iOS: 11.0+ (iPad only).
- Windows: 75 MB permanent space on the hard drive; Mac: 120 MB permanent space on the hard drive
- Overview video with students
- Quickstart Guide [pdf] for students
- Privacy Principles
- Respondus Monitor
Respondus Monitor is a companion product for Respondus LockDown Browser that enables institutions to protect the integrity of non-proctored, online exams. Students use their own computer and a webcam to record assessment sessions, all without leaving Canvas.