Peer Mentors serve as guides to the university experience, supporting and empowering all SJSU students during their academic and social adjustment to SJSU. Peer Mentors are among the best, brightest, and most diverse SJSU students. They have been through the college transition and know some of the challenges you may be facing. Conversations with Peer Mentors are confidential unless there is a danger to self or others.
Peer Mentors can assist you with:
- Strategies for effective studying, note-taking, test-taking, critical thinking, listening, and reading
- Strategies for time and stress management
- Strategies for effective communication and other life skills
- Personal situations - Peer Mentors will listen to you and offer advice and assistance, which may include referral to other SJSU resources if appropriate.
- Adjusting to life at SJSU (particularly for first-year and transfer students)
- Navigating the university experience
If you need assistance with something that isn't on the list above, and aren't sure where to turn, a Peer Mentor would be happy to hear about your needs and guide you towards the appropriate campus resources.
Mentoring services are available free of charge to all SJSU students. Meet the Mentors to learn more about the Peer Mentors and read their best tips for students!
How can I meet with a Peer Mentor?
Peer Mentors are available for appointments scheduled in advance and same-day appointments, depending on their availability and your needs. If you'd like to schedule an appointment, visit our Appointments page for more information. You can also Request a Peer Mentor to be matched with a mentor.