Become a Transformative Educator!
As one of the most well-established public teacher preparatory schools in California, the Department of Teacher Education at the SJSU Lurie College of Education is committed to preparing highly qualified teachers who are ready to address the challenges of the 21st century and meet the needs of diverse student populations. If you are someone who:
- shares a vision of teaching grounded in an ethic of care
- has a commitment to social justice
- has a passion for engaging students in learning
then now is the time to take the next step in your teaching journey!
Teacher Education Announcements
Beginning Summer 2021, Single Subject Credential Program students can also simultaneously complete our Master's in Teaching (MAT) and/or Critical Bilingual Authorization.
- Our Lurie College Impact Residency Fellowship provides up to $7,500 in scholarship support, mentorship during and after the program, a strong professional learning community of like-minded educators, and priority for residencies to candidates who are committed to becoming transformative educators for our region.
- Attend one of our upcoming information sessions for our multiple subject credential program, single subject credential program, MA in Teaching, MA in MMLE, or bilingual authorization program to learn more about becoming a transformative educator, steps to apply, financial aid, etc.
Lurie College and SJSU Announcements
- 2020-2021 Impact Report - As we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, our SJSU Lurie College of Education is positioned to lead. Read about the impact of our students, faculty, programs, and more from the past year.
- 2022 U.S. News and World Report Rankings - Lurie College moved up 33 spots in this year's rankings of Best Education Schools and is #2 among universities in the Cal State system, #4 among universities in the Bay Area, and #14 among universities in California.
- Financial Aid Opportunities - Visit this page to learn about the numerous scholarship and grant opportunities available through the college. The application process for scholarships takes place each spring semester.
- SJSU Lurie College of Education Blog - Our college-wide blog contains more announcements, opportunities, and news for and about Teacher Education students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
Student and Faculty Spotlights
Single Subject Credential program and graduate student Ana Isabel Hahs participated as a Fall 2021 Lurie College Storyteller, which highlights our students along their journeys to becoming transformative educators, counselors, therapists, school and community leaders as they share out a series of short videos over the course of the semester. Watch all of Ana's videos on our Lurie College TikTok.
Dr. Eduardo Muñoz-Muñoz was featured in the Univision story "Distritos escolares de California podrían eliminar las calificaciones ‘D’ y ‘F’" / "California school districts could eliminate 'D' and 'F' grades" - watch the full interview on the Univision website.