Students in the Department of Teacher Education have access to a wide variety of helpful resources both on campus and off. Be sure to take the time to explore these sites. They have been selected to provide you with a range of helpful information.
Teacher Education Resources
- Academic Expectations and Policies - Learn more about GPA requirements, program grade requirements, incompletes, readmission, and academic integrity.
- Academic Writing Support (AWS) - The goal of the Academic Writing Support (AWS) is to assist our Single Subject Credential Program students with their writing for their courses and enable them to improve their academic and professional writing skills.
- Advising - Gather more information about program planning, transfer coursework, registration, and leaves of absence.
- Applying for Preliminary Credentials - Teaching candidates who have completed our program and met all program requirements are ready to apply for a Preliminary Multiple or Single Subject Teaching Credential.
- California Teaching Performance Assessment (CalTPA) - All elementary and secondary teacher candidates are required by the State of California to pass an approved teacher performance assessment prior to applying for their preliminary Multiple Subject or Single Subject Credential.
- Financial Aid Opportunities - SJSU offers a wide array of tuition assistance options to credential candidates, from traditional federal loan programs to awards and scholarships.
- Registration - Gather helpful information about registration, adding or dropping courses, transferring courses, tuition, and more.
- Student Teaching - While completing our credential program, teaching candidates will complete student teaching, which is a critical and exciting part of the process of becoming a transformative educator.
- Tech, CPR, and U.S. Constitution Requirements - Gather information about how to complete the technology, CPR, and U.S. Constitution requirements.
Lurie College of Education Resources
- Credential Services Office - This office serves the diverse educational needs of graduate students, staff and faculty in an effort to prepare teachers, counselors, administrators and other education professionals as they complete their credential programs.
- Financial Aid Opportunities - Visit this page to learn about the numerous scholarship and grant opportunities available through the college. The application process for scholarships takes place each spring semester.
- Student Success Center - Utilize this space in Sweeney Hall 106 to meet with academic advisors, get writing support, attend workshops, and more.
- Study and Collaboration Room - Utilize this space in Sweeney Hall 446 to study, relax, and access a computer, printer, copy machine, and technical assistance.
- Research Opportunities - Visit this webpage to learn about opportunities to present your research and apply for funding to support your research.
- Graduation and Commencement - Learn more about how to apply for candidacy and graduation and learn more about our upcoming commencement ceremony.
- Alumni Resources - After you've completed your program, take advantage of the many opportunities to connect with one another, stay connected with the college, and actively participate in the continued growth of the college.
- Campus and Community Resources - Learn more about SJSU's student service offices, campus centers, and more.
Lurie College Social Media Information
Discord Messaging Server
- Lurie College of Education Recent Alumni Network group
- SJSU Lurie College of Education page
- Lurie College Student Success Center page
- SJSU Lurie College of Education | @sjsulurie
- Lurie College Student Success Center | @luriesuccess
- Heather Lattimer, dean | @hlattimer
- Allison Briceño, faculty | @abriceno21
- Brent Duckor, faculty | @BrentDuckor
- Carrie Holmberg, faculty | @CarrieHolmberg
- Erin Scullion Jones, faculty | @scullyteaches
- Lara Ervin-Kassab, faculty | @drlarakassab
- Roxana Marachi, faculty | @ConnectEdProf
- Tammie Visintainer, faculty | @tavisint