Test Proctoring Services
About Test Proctoring
Our office provides proctoring services for exams from other institutions and professional organizations. We can proctor both paper-based and online exams from any institution, with their consent and permission. The SJSU Testing Office is a member of the Consortium of College Testing Centers (CCTC) and we are certified by the National College Testing Association (NCTA).
We administer tests by appointment only, M-F between 8:30am-4:30pm. All testing ends at 4:30pm. Please schedule your test early enough to allow sufficient time to complete everything by 4:30pm.
Scheduling an Exam
- E-mail our office to request proctoring services for your exam. In your e-mail, please include:
- Your name, phone number, and preferred contact e-mail
- Name of institution and their contact information
- Any forms (if any) required by your institution to approve proctoring arrangements
- Any information about your exam that may help us (paper or online, how long, deadline, etc)
- Preferred date/time that you would like to test, along with your availability in case
your requested time is unavailable
- We will confirm all details and set up your appointment via e-mail. Each organization
has different procedures, but we will work with you to help coordinate your test.
We request that exam materials be sent to us at least 2 business days in advance of your appointment date, so we can have everything ready for you when you arrive. If test materials are sent on the same day as your appointment, it can result in delays.
- Before the day of your test:
- Contact your institution, if necessary, to ensure that your test materials have been sent to us.
- We will send a confirmation e-mail when we have received your test. If you do not receive anything, e-mail us 2 business days before your appointment to confirm that we have it.
- Download a campus map. Plan to arrive early to allow for parking and/or traffic. For navigation apps, set
your destination for the corner of 9th Street and San Fernando. The SJSU North Parking
Garage is on that corner. Our office is across the street in Industrial Studies 228.
Additional information on campus parking is available at SJSU Parking Services.
- On the day of your test, please bring:
- A valid photo ID to check in (US-issued driver's license, state ID card, passport, military ID)
- Any materials and/or supplies that you need for your exam
- Visitors/guests to SJSU will need to purchase a parking permit upon arrival at the machine in the parking garage.
We provide complimentary lockers to store personal items. Food, drink, unauthorized items, and unauthorized electronic devices are not allowed in the testing area for any reason. If your test allows for breaks, you may leave food/drink with our staff and may access it during your break.
Test Proctoring Fees
For each exam, our rates are based on total time used:
- $60 for first 2 hours, $20/hour after (eff 9/1/21, pro-rated to 15m)
Fees are per exam. Multiple exams are charged separately. Proctoring fees will be collected in advance when your appointment is made. We will send instructions. If your exam is significantly longer or shorter, we can adjust the prepaid amount so that no additional payment is due on the day of your test.
Some schools require us to return physical exam materials; in such cases, an additional charge for shipping may apply (varies by exam).
Frequently Asked Questions
For all other questions, please e-mail our office.