Commencement is intended to celebrate those students who have officially graduated and/or anticipate to officially graduate by their proposed graduation term.
- Participation is optional
- You will not receive your diploma at commencement
- Participating in any Commencement Ceremony is not the same as graduating from SJSU. You will officially graduate once ALL degree requirements have been met. If you have not completed all your degree requirements by your expected graduation term, you will need to file a Graduation Date Change(PDF).
Commencement is only held once a year in May (Memorial Day weekend - rain or shine).
Eligible graduates are:
- Students officially completed the summer term of the prior year
- Students officially completed the fall term of the prior year
- Student anticipating to officially completing in the current spring term
Please visit the Commencement website for more information.
For the departmental ceremony, please consult your department for more details.