Degree Status and Conferral
The following information is specific to undergraduate students. If you are a graduate student, please visit the Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations (GAPE) website.
Undergraduate degree status and degree conferral
Undergraduate graduation candidate files will be reviewed after grades and academic standing have both been finalized for the term you applied to graduate. Following are the approximate time of your degree posting - listed by graduation term:
- Fall graduation candidates – end of January
- Spring graduation candidates – end of June
- Summer graduation candidates – mid of September
You can verify that your degree has been posted by viewing your unofficial transcript on your MySJSU account. Your degree progress/academic advising report will not show if your degree has been posted.
- If you have fulfilled all of your degree requirements, your degree will be posted several weeks after the end of the term in which you anticipate to graduate.
- Students who still have requirements or documentation outstanding will be notified electronically via their preferred e-mail address of the graduation hold letter. A graduation hold letter via e-mail from our office will list the items outstanding and a deadline to resolve any issues. You can update both your e-mail and diploma address via MySJSU at any time.
Your diploma will be mailed to the diploma mailing address listed on your MySJSU account approximately 3- 4 weeks after your degree has been posted.