Thank you for your interest in the Chemical and Material Engineering programs. As you navigate the admissions process, please be aware that the requirements and deadlines for our programs are considerably different depending upon whether you are applying for BS or MS program, domestic or international student, and high school or transfer student. 

SJSU is part of The California State University system and accepts online applications year round for either Fall or Spring semester.


Graduating High School entering as First-Time Freshman or Transfer from Community College interested in getting a bachelor degree in Chemical or Materials Engineering.

B.S. in Chemical Engineering

B.S. in Materials Engineering


Graduating with BS in Sciences or related Engineering and interested in getting a master's degree in Chemical or Materials Engineering.

For more information visit our program's admission page.

M.S Chemical Engineering

M.S Materials Engineering

International Students

Future Students outside of United States interested in any of the above programs.

Apply as an international student

Admission FAQs