Move In Information
Fall 2021 Housing Move In!
Be sure to review the Fall 2021 Move In Requirements [pdf]
All requirements [pdf] must be met in order to move into on campus housing. You will not be allowed to move
into on campus housing if any of the housing requirements [pdf] are not met.
We encourage you to bring your vaccination card with you as a number of businesses in the area are requiring proof of vaccination for entry.
For the health and safety of the Spartan Community, all students and their guests are asked to complete the SJSU COVID-19 Symptom Check Tool prior to coming to campus. Thank you for being a responsible and vital part of our community by taking this daily symptom checklist.
If you plan to delay your move-in date past August 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 795-5600. Please write "Late Move In" in the subject line.
For move-in appointments on Tuesday, 8/17 and Wednesday, 8/18 between 9am and 10pm, all students moving into all buildings should go to the Campus Village Building B (CVB) Residential Activity Center (RAC) located on the first floor of CVB to check-in.
New CVA and CVB Residents
The Apartments open Saturday, August 14th, 9 am
New First Year Frosh Students
CVC, CV2, Joe West Hall and Washburn Hall open Saturday, August 14th, 9 am
- Moving into Campus Village Building C [pdf]
- Moving into Campus Village 2 [pdf]
- Moving into Joe West Hall [pdf]
- Moving into Washburn Hall [pdf]
Move In Tips!
- For social distancing purposes and to avoid delays, we encourage you to check in at your scheduled time. Those who attempt to check in outside their scheduled time, will be asked to wait until the next available appointment time.
- To minimize the number of guests entering the building, residents may bring up to two guests to assist with moving in. Guests are only permitted in the building for the duration of the move in process, and must be fully vaccinated.
- To allow for social distancing, elevator capacity may be limited to one family per elevator. Please keep this in mind as you’re packing and preparing to move in.
- All residents and guests regardless of vaccination status are required to wear masks or face coverings within any common areas inside our residential buildings.
- Limited metered parking for unloading purposes is available along 10th and San Salvador streets. Unloading permits will be available at check in and included in the move in email you will receive the first week of August.
- Parking for unloading only will be available in the Campus Village Parking garage.
- Paid parking is available in the South Garage located at 7th and San Salvador Streets.
- Any oversized vehicles should park along 10th or San Salvador Streets or in paid campus parking in Lot 4 located near the intersection of San Fernando and 10th Streets.
Due to very limited unloading space, once residents and families have unloaded their vehicle, it must be moved to the South (7th Street) Garage where you can purchase a permit at the daily rate. A daily parking permit for this location may be purchased ahead of time or on the day-of, for five dollars here.
1. Enter zone number 9029 for South (7th Street) Garage
2. Select ‘San Jose State University’
3. Click ‘Continue’
4. Select how long you want to park and click ‘Continue’
5. Select ‘Continue’ As Guest
6. Enter vehicle license plate number, state, and click ‘Continue’
7. Pay for parking
8. Permit is valid in General Parking area
On August 14 and August 15, SJSU Parking Services will have 30 minutes parking spaces available in the South (7th Street) Garage, section 1J-1K, for you to park temporarily, so you can check in and find your unloading area. There is no charge or permit required to use the 30 minutes parking spaces; however, you will need to vacate the parking space after 30 minutes so that others can use those spaces. If you need to park longer than 30 minutes, you can purchase a $5 daily permit and park in the South (7th Street) Garage, section 2A and above. You can purchase the parking permit online ahead of time by following these steps:
- Log in to your online parking account using your SJSUOne credential
- Go to the permit selection page
- Select Housing Move In Virtual permit
- Select the date of your Housing Move In
- Select or enter the vehicle to be associated with your permit (please note: if you bring more than one vehicle, you will need to purchase a separate permit for each vehicle)
- Follow the prompt to enter your credit card information and pay for your parking permit
You can also purchase the daily permit on the day of via ParkMobile app or pay stations.
If you have trouble purchasing your daily parking permit for housing move-in, please contact Parking Services via email at email@example.com.
GradGuard Renters Insurance
Renters insurance is strongly recommended for all students. For detailed information, including pricing and exclusions, please visit https://gradguard.com/renters-insurance or call GradGuard at 866-985-7598.
MicroFridges are still available to rent for the academic year.
For more information, please visit Collegiate Concepts Inc.