In order to be eligible to apply to the California Pre-Doctoral Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in a matriculated degree program at a California State University Campus at the time of application interested in obtaining a research doctorate.
- Be a SJSU junior, senior, or graduate student.
- Be enrolled in Spring 2020, and for at least one semester in the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Have a faculty sponsor from SJSU who will be available for the duration of the plan specified in the application.
Please note, DACA students are also eligible for this scholarship.
- Current or previous Pre-Doctoral Scholars.
- International students attending a CSU on a student or travel visa or other non-California residents.
- Students interested in obtaining a professional degree (law, medicine, dentistry, pharmacy), or an MBA degree, for example.