Graduate Education at SJSU
Graduate students are at the heart of the educational and scholarly excellence that characterizes San José State University. Join the largest body of graduate students in the California State University system and launch your career through one of the 100+ graduate programs available to you at SJSU.
Earn Your Graduate Degree From Silicon Valley’s Public University
- Ranked #1 Most Transformative University in the nation by Money magazine in August 2020
- Ranked #5 in U.S. for Diversity in STEM Master’s Degrees in July 2020 issue of Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Ranked #1 leading master's granting university hosting international students (Open Doors Data 2020)
- Doctoral degree programs in audiology, nursing, and educational leadership
- MS degree in marine science at internationally-recognized Moss Landing Marine Laboratories on Monterey Bay
- MS programs in Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and other disciplines offering access to Silicon Valley's rich innovation enterprise
- Graduate programs focused on research at the vanguard of California’s biggest challenges and opportunities
Alumni Stories: The SJSU Graduate Experience
Graduate students in programs ranging from justice studies to engineering management say that their SJSU graduate education granted them access to valuable internships as well as opportunities to sharpen their skills and develop lasting professional relationships. Imagine yourself as a member of our vibrant Spartan community and find out why students love SJSU.
Divya Puraswani, MS Data Analytics
Recent alumna Divya Puraswani dove into data analytics at SJSU. A spring 2020 graduate, she appreciates the job opportunities available to her in the Bay Area.
Jonathan Oribello, MS BioinformaticsGraduate student Jonathan Oribello found community among the members of his bioinformatics cohort and deepened his research knowledge throughout the program.
Engineering alumnus Sameer Saran maximized his time at SJSU by seeking collaborators and advice through the IDEAS lab, an incubator for Silicon Valley executives and center of entrepreneurship. He founded his own app, ParkStash, to solve the persistent problem of parking around campus.
The Bay Area: Your New Backyard
Discover Northern California
As a graduate student at SJSU, you'll enjoy the campus' premier location in the heart of Silicon Valley and the South Bay. Travel 50 miles north and you'll find yourself in the exciting city of San Francisco. Head 32 miles south and explore the beaches and redwood forests of Santa Cruz, not to mention the world-famous Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Drive a few hours east and access premier skiing opportunities near Lake Tahoe. Prefer to stay closer to campus? Discover your favorite lunch spots in downtown and take a walk to the San Jose Museum of Art or the Tech Interactive. There's plenty to explore--where will you begin?