National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS)
We are pleased to share that San Jose State University has established a chapter with The National Society of Leadership and Success for its students, a comprehensive five-step leadership program. The first active semester was Spring 2020. A new cohort of students will be able to register for the NSLS chapter beginning in August 2020.
The National Society of Leadership and Success is the nation’s largest leadership honor society and collegiate leadership development program. and the only program of its kind to have earned accreditation for its programming.
NSLS differentiates itself from traditional honor societies in that students must complete a step-by-step leadership development program in order to become inducted. The curriculum offers students the opportunity to develop many in-demand skills such as leadership, communication, and team building. They will also have the opportunity to complete additional online educational modules in order to earn credit for their work with NSLS.
NSLS Five-Step Program
- Orientation: This is the first event on campus for new members to learn the steps
of the program and the schedule of events for the semester.
- Leadership Training Day: Members attend an interactive video training session where
they identify goals and overcome obstacles.
- Three Speaker Broadcast Events: Live streamed events with leaders, celebrities and
best-selling authors are scheduled six times per year.
- Three Success Networking Team Meetings: Members are assigned to small peer groups
and meet bi-weekly to set goals and hold each other accountable.
- Induction: Members receive their Foundations of Leadership Certificate honoring their achievement and lifetime membership into NSLS.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Student Involvement office.