Spartan Leadership & Career Conference
The Spartan Leadership and Career Conference was held on Friday, October 21, 2022. The 5th Annual Leadership and Career Conference also included a Conference and Networking Success Session that took place on Friday, October 14, 2022.
- Conference and Networking Success Session, 10:00am-12:00pm, Via Zoom:
- Never been to a professional conference before? We've got you covered! Join Student Involvement and the Career Center as we preview the Spartan Leadership and Career Conference and what to expect in a conference atmosphere, explore leadership identities and how this applies to career readiness, and practice skills essential to attending a conference such as networking. *This session is not required to attend the full conference. View the recording of this session below!
- Spartan Leadership and Career Conference, 9:00am-2:00pm,:
- The Spartan Leadership & Career Conference is an event designed to help SJSU students learn to refine their leadership skills and understand how to leverage those skills into a successful career. Featuring alumni and employer panels, breakout sessions led by SJSU faculty, staff, and alumni, a networking session, and much more!
Past employers have represented companies such as Google, Enterprise, JP Morgan Chase, and the City of San Jose. Breakout sessions cover topics including:
- San Jose 2050: Solving the Problems of Tomorrow, Today
- Networking: The Power of Relationships
- Cultural Identities and Leadership
- Living Your Best Life: Leadership Techniques for Daily Success
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
When is the event?
Our Conference and Networking Success session took place Friday, October 14, and the Spartan Leadership and Career Conference took place on Friday, October 21, 2022! You do not need to attend the Networking and Conference Success Session in order to attend the Spartan Leadership & Career Conference!
Where is it?
The Conference and Networking Success session took place over Zoom. The 2022 Spartan Leadership and Career Conference was held virtually via Zoom webinar and on campus in the Student Union Ballroom and Meeting Rooms.
How can I join?
Registration for the 2023 Spartan Leadership and Career Conference will be live in Fall 2023!
Why should students go to the conference?
Enhance your leadership skills and learn how to effectively apply your experiences to your career goals! Connect with fellow students, ask employers the questions you always had, and hear alumni tell their stories about their career journey. This event is free and open to all currently enrolled SJSU students. No prior leadership or work experience required.
Who can attend the conference?
All currently enrolled SJSU students.
What is the cost?
Will food be provided?
Breakfast and lunch will be provided to in-person attendees to the Spartan Leadership and Career Conference. Please register via handshake so that we can have an accurate head count to feed all who plan to attend.
How do I register for the conference?
SJSU students can register for the conference in Handshake. Upon completing the registration form, more details, including the Zoom links, will be emailed to you closer to the conference date.
Is there a dress code?
Business casual attire is encouraged, but not required.
Is the event accessible for students using a wheelchair?
Who do I contact if I have questions or need accommodations?
Please contact us at email@example.com or 408-924-6031.
Sponsored by Student Involvement and the Career Center.