Be aware of your own cultural background and become knowledgeable about, respectful of, and sensitive to the culture of others.
- Explore your own roots
- Learn a new language
- Travel to new places
- Join a cultural organization
- Volunteer for a cultural event
Ways to engage in Multicultural Wellness at SJSU:
- African-American/Black Student Success Center: Visit the African-American/Black Student Success Center, which is dedicated to retaining, empowering, and successfully graduating African-American/Black students at SJSU.
- Cesar E. Chavez Community Action Center: Become engaged within your community and deepen your educational experience by volunteering and participating in community service and civic activism.
- Chicanx/Latinx Student Success Center: Find community and support at the Chicanx/Latinx Student Success Center, which was established to support the educational, social and cultural needs of Chicanx/Latinx students at SJSU.
- MOSAIC Cross Cultural Center: :Learn about your own culture or immerse yourself in other cultures. MOSAIC celebrates diversity, supports social justice, and advocates for students from historically underrepresented identity groups.
- Student Organizations: Join a multicultural group, religious organization, or student club that’s devoted to cultural, international and social justice. There are LOTS to choose from—find one that interests you!