The Writing Center uses an online booking system, WCOnline, so that students can self-book their tutoring sessions. All our tutoring options--drop-ins, in-person appointments, and online appointments--require students to create an account in WCOnline, activate it, and schedule their appointments.
All students are required to have a WCOnline account to access Writing Center tutoring services.
Allowed Tutoring Time
- 45-Minute Tutoring Appointments
Students can self-book up to two, 45-minute tutoring appointments (online or in-person) per week through the WCOnline.
Depending on availability, AEC and graduate-level students can request a third tutoring appointment per week. The link is provided under "Additional Appointment Support" on this page.
- 20-Minute Drop-Ins
For drop-ins, students can join a session once per day, depending on availability.
New Users - Getting Started
- Step 1: Registering for an Account
- Go to https://sjsu.mywconline.com/.
- Click on "Register for an Account" on the left-hand side.
- You are required to register using your SJSU email; however, you can create your own password.
- Complete the registration form fully, providing as much information as possible.
- Step 2: Activating Your Account
Once you have registered, you should check your SJSU email (including spam/junk folders) for the activation email.
Once the activation link has been actioned, your account will be ready for use.
Existing Users - Scheduling a Session
- In-Person and Online Tutoring Sessions
- Go to https://sjsu.mywconline.com/.
- Log in using your SJSU email address and the password you created for this account.
- Select your preferred schedule (In-Person Tutoring or Online Tutoring) from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a date and time for your appointment from the openings available. Open appointment slots are white. Red slots are already reserved by other students; navy blue slots indicate that the tutor does not work during that time. Gray slots are days and times that have already passed.
- Click once on the open appointment slot that you wish to reserve.
- When the new reservation window pops up, fill out all the information required (marked with a red asterisk). If you miss a section, the system will not accept your reservation. You will have to go back and type in everything again, so be sure that you fill out every required field.
- When you've completed the reservation form, click the create appointment button to complete the reservation process. Your reservation will now appear on the schedule. Your appointment slot shows as gold/yellow. You will receive confirmation and reminder messages that will be sent to your SJSU email address.
A team member will take the drop-in details and book your slot for you.
Call us at 408-924-2308 or visit our front desk on the 2nd floor in the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library. The Writing Center front desk is available Monday to Friday, from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Existing Users - Joining a Session
- In-Person Tutoring Sessions and Drop-Ins
In-person appointments and drop-ins take place at our Martin Luther Jr. library location.
- Head to our area on the second floor of the MLK Library prior to the start of your scheduled session or drop-in.
- Check in at the front desk. When your session or drop-in time arrives, you will be shown to your tutor.
- Online Tutoring Sessions
Online appointments will be held using the Zoom platform. Students will join their Zoom session with the writing tutor by logging into their WCOnline account.
- Log in to your WCOnline account before the start of your session, and click on your gold/yellow appointment box.
- Click the yellow highlighted Zoom meeting link in the tutor bio section of your scheduled appointment.
- You will be in the waiting room for your session, and your tutor will admit you at the scheduled start time.
Additional Appointment Support
- AEC and Graduate-Level Students
AEC and graduate-level students are eligible for an additional (third) tutoring session each week.
- Additional appointments cannot be requested for the same day as an existing appointment.
- Before submitting this form to request a third session, you should already have two sessions booked.
- If you submit a request for an additional form in the evening or on the weekend, there may be a slight delay in response times, and you could lose your preferred slots.
- Appointment Reviews (Missed/No-Shows and Deactivations)
If you have either a missed/no-show appointment or a deactivated WCOnline account and would like to have this reviewed by the Writing Center director, complete the Appointment Review Request form.
If you have any questions or need more support, please contact us.