House Calls and Workshops
We offer in-class and virtual service options for faculty requests, which include house calls, workshops, and tours.
- 10-15 minute house call to discuss Writing Center services with your students.
- Provides your students with an overview of Writing Center services.
- Can be conducted in class or via Zoom by a Writing Tutor (depending on your preferred modality and tutor availability.)
- The house call video version can be immediately accessed and shared with your class.
- We recommend scheduling house calls early in the semester, and we do not generally schedule house calls during final exam periods.
- One-hour workshops (see Workshop Topics)
- For in-class workshop requests, you must be present during the entire workshop session. Our in-class workshops are not a substitute teaching service.
- You are responsible for making the workshop materials available to your students (either hard copies for in-person classes or postings on Canvas or via email for online courses).
- We will try to accommodate your date and time requests; however, we can usually only schedule workshops during our normal hours of operation (M-Th, 10:00-9:00 and F, 10:00-3:00).
- We cannot usually accommodate more than 3-4 requested workshops per instructor each semester.
- We recommend scheduling in-class workshops early in the semester, and we do not generally schedule in-class workshops during final exam periods.
If you'd prefer to come to us, we can also accommodate in-person tours of the Writing Center for you and your students (as long as your class time falls within our in-person hours of operation).
If you would like workshops or house calls for multiple classes, fill out one form per class.
NOTE: When you fill out a request form, please provide us with the required Zoom link. Even if you are teaching an in-person (or hybrid) class, our tutor may have to visit your course virtually via Zoom to conduct the house call or facilitate the workshop.