House Calls and Workshops
Our writing tutors can visit your classroom and
- Provide a 10-15 minute house call to discuss Writing Center services with your students.
- Conduct a one-hour workshop (see workshop topics).
- Assist in peer-review groups.
To request a house call or workshop for your class, please click on the blue button
below to complete our request form. If you would like workshops or house calls for multiple classes, fill out one form per class.
Please review the following reminders before you request our services.
- We have a regular workshop schedule every semester, and our workshop topics cover different parts of the writing process. You can advertise our workshop schedule to your students if you don't want to use your class time for a special workshop.
- If you do request an in-class workshop, you must be present during the entire workshop session. Our in-class workshops are not a substitute teaching service! You will also be responsible for making copies of our workshop materials for your students.
- We will try to accommodate your date and time requests; however, we can usually only schedule workshops during our normal hours of operation.
- We cannot usually accommodate more than 2-3 requested workshops per instructor each semester.
- We recommend scheduling house calls early in the semester, and we do not generally
schedule house calls or in-class workshops during the final weeks of a term.