- Bachelor of Arts: Art Concentration in Studio Practice (Preparation for Teaching), BA
- Undergraduate Minor in Art Education
Teaching is a way for artists to develop and encourage creative ability in others and to increase awareness of the importance of art in our lives. The Art Teacher Preparation Program (ATPP) is vital to the future of Silicon Valley, because it trains the teachers who will teach aesthetics, problem solving and critical thinking skills to future citizens of the region and state.
Teachers can be accredited by the single subject credential in art. The program collaborates with the College of Education to prepare teacher credential candidates to teach the art courses commonly taught in California’s public schools. Admission to the SJSU Single Subject Credential program requires an interview and the presentation of an art portfolio.
- Undergraduate Major and Minor Forms
- Degree Requirements: BA Art Concentration in Studio Practice (Preparation for Teaching)
- Minor Requirements: Art Education Minor
- SJSU Teacher Education