All Aviation and Technology students are expected to receive academic advising to have their registration holds removed. Contact your academic advisor to schedule an advising appointment.
Mr. Daniel Neal
BS Engineering Technology
Dr. Ali Zargar
Dr. Fatemeh Davoudi
Assistant Professor, Graduate Program Academic Advisor
Schedule an Advising Appointment
Schedule your advising appointment directly through Spartan Connect.
- Email communications are sent to your preferred email.
- Every student in the department must visit with a department academic advisor to have their hold cleared before they can register for classes.
Print and complete the following documents to bring to your scheduled advising appointment:
Academic Advising Form
Make sure the form is completely filled out with your current courses and planned courses for the following semester.
Make sure the form is completely filled out, and that your academic planner shows clearly what courses are complete and which remain to be completed.
- Since 2008, SJSU has restricted the number of units that students may enroll in carefully. Related changes include that you may not advance register in a course which you are repeating. It is important to note that permission codes will not override these restrictions.
- Many of you who expect to graduate have taken this to heart and either completed or nearly completed their applications for graduation. That is a necessary step to obtaining the important “graduating senior” status, so if you wish to take advantage of the higher unit enrollment limits for graduating seniors, or to be able to request excess units, please be aware you need to complete your graduation paperwork soon.
- You also must have your academic advising hold cleared in order to be able to register at your first registration appointment. If you delay getting your hold cleared it is virtually certain that you will not get all the courses you need.
- You should no longer assume that you can leave your department/major courses to register in later. They are also filling up and you can lose the opportunity to enroll if you delay your registration.
- COURSE PREREQUISITES WILL BE ENFORCED. Course prerequisites can be found online:
Special Note on Advising
All Department and Program students are expected to receive academic advising for the courses to take in the following semesters. This applies to all incoming freshmen, transfer students, and current students. Students who enroll in a course for which they have not completed prerequisites will be instructed to drop the course.