How to Apply for Financial Aid
(For example, FAFSA/Dream Act applications opened on October 1, 2020, for the Fall 2021- Spring 2022 academic year)
The priority filing date is March 2.
Students are encouraged to file the FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application by the priority filing date (March 2). Applications can be submitted after the priority filling date; however, funding may be limited.
Applications require prior year tax information.
- Fall 2020 - Spring 2021 applications require 2018 taxes.
- Fall 2021 - Spring 2022 applications require 2019 taxes.
- When completing the FAFSA, use your legal name as it appears on your Social Security card.
View the following links for additional information about financial aid:
- Seven Steps to Financial Aid
- Eligibility for Federal & State Financial Aid
- California Dream Act: State Aid for Undocumented Students
- IRS Income Information
- Enrollment Requirements for Disbursement of Financial Aid
- Academic Progress Policies
- Special Circumstances
- Study Abroad
- Summer Financial Aid
- Cost of Attendance
- Dependent vs. Independent Filing Status
- Determining Financial Aid Awards