Announcements and Deadlines
Due to the County of Santa Clara shelter in place order, the Student Services Center is closed, but the services provided by Financial Aid and Scholarship Office are available online.
Our office will be closed the following days:
- May 31
- July 5
Financial Aid Deadlines
- October 1 (every year): FAFSA and California Dream Act applications open
- March 2 (every year): Priority filing deadline for FAFSA and California Dream Act
- April 26, 2021: Deadline to accept loans and to submit PLUS Loan application for the academic year (Fall/Spring) or Spring 2021 only
- April 27, 2021: Last day to submit Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) petitions for 20/21
- May 14, 2021: Document submission priority deadline
For more information, see the Seven Steps to Financial Aid.
Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
Beginning May 12, 2021 the Emergency Broadband Benefit will provide a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for Federal Pell Grant eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute $10-$50 toward the purchase price. Requirements and qualifications can be found on the Federal Communications Commission site
To determine and prove your Federal Pell Grant eligibility you will need to view your award on you MySJSU account.
Students should contact their internet provider to determine if the provider will be participating in the EBB Program. Students can obtain a copy of their financial aid award letter from the MySJSU portal in the accepted award details in My Financial Aid.